Call on ALL levels of government to do what is now necessary
Signature count details here.
Sign the petition! Enter your details in the form below.
NOTE: Please sign this three-level of government petition even if you have already signed our earlier Petition with Actions Data to the federal parliament. You won’t be double-counted in the national count but you will help build the signature count to other levels of government.
Things to do
• Encourage everyone you know to sign this petition.
• Share this Facebook post.
• Post this Tweet on Twitter.
• Share Ian Dunlop’s video presentation if your friends don’t realise why emergency action is necessary.
• See a broad-stroke picture of what a Climate Emergency Declaration and Mobilisation might look like here.
• Download and print the hardcopy petition and collect signatures. See Collect petition signatures.
• Carry Climate Emergency Declaration placards at rallies and public events.
• Talk to your federal MPs and Senators, and ask for a Statement of Support.
— See Talk to MPs
• Talk to your state/territory MPs and upper-house members, and ask for a Statement of Support.
— See Talk to MPs
• Sign the No More Bad Investments petition to the SA government. Everyone can sign! Local climate-related decisions affect everyone.
• Ask your local climate group to launch either a Climate Emergency Declaration petition or a No More Bad Investments petition for your own state or territory.
— See Start your own petition (click link then scroll down to see)
• Talk to your local Councillors or to council candidates prior to council elections and ask for a Statement of Support.
— See Talk to your local Councillors
• Find out more about the huge role local councils can play here.
Households and individuals
Government-led resource mobilisation is only half of the solution. The other half is what you and I do. Individuals and community groups are already taking initiative and using their own resources to restore a safe climate.
Inspire others to do their bit! Answer a few quick questions in the form below to show everyone how many people are already taking climate action.
The table below shows what others who have signed the 3-levels of government petition have reported so far:
The chart below shows what others who have signed the national petition with actions data have reported so far:
Eight simple actions for reducing carbon emissions
• Minimise transport emissions
For example, walk, ride, take public transport, use an electric vehicle, avoid air travel. Instead, use video conferencing, skype for business, etc, whenever possible.
• Put your money into renewable energy
Invest in renewable energy, or donate to community solar projects – see lists of investment and donation opportunities at www.corenafund.org.au.
• Power your house with clean energy
Install solar if you can, or buy renewables-friendly electricity. Disconnect from gas – see www.greenelectricityguide.org.au.
• Be a conscious consumer
For example, buy only what you need, and buy things that last. Recycle. Upcycle.
• Eat less meat
For example, meat-free days, vegetarian, vegan
• Make your house energy efficient