» For more information about climate emergency goals, see the report Striking Targets
Use the form below to sign the petition to Parliament
If you wish, you can also add your climate actions. We’ll add the data from the climate action counters when we submit the petition because we believe it is powerful to show that the public is already mobilising itself.
Why report what you do to reduce emissions?
Government-led resource mobilisation is only half of the solution. The other half is what you and I do. During the Queensland floods, Aussies were taking neighbours and strangers to safety, sharing resources, and doing whatever was needed right from the start of the emergency simply because they could.
Individuals and community groups are already taking initiative and using their own resources to restore a safe climate. Tell Parliament and everyone else what YOU are already doing to show how we are mobilising together for the common good.
This is what others who have signed this petition have reported:
Eight examples of actions for reducing carbon emissions
• Minimise transport emissions
For example, walk, ride, take public transport, use an electric vehicle, avoid air travel. Instead, use video conferencing, skype for business, etc, whenever possible.
• Put your money into renewable energy
Invest in renewable energy, or donate to community solar projects – see lists of investment and donation opportunities at www.corenafund.org.au.
• Power your house with clean energy
Install solar if you can, or buy renewables-friendly electricity. Disconnect from gas – see www.greenelectricityguide.org.au.
• Be a conscious consumer
For example, buy only what you need, and buy things that last. Recycle. Upcycle.
• Eat less meat
For example, meat-free days, vegetarian, vegan
• Make your house energy efficient
Help build support for a climate emergency declaration
• Share this petition on social media
• Include a link to the petition in e-news to members of your group
• Embed the petition on your group’s website
• Get out into the community to seek support for the climate emergency declaration
• Build support within the political party that you favour most
• Lobby politicians/councillors to support the making of a climate emergency declaration